This post is going to be about, how to turn a fabric strap right side out. Maybe you want to make a strappy top, dress, or jumpsuit, this is going to help you learn how to easily turn those straps. I used two methods, in case you prefer one over the other. One uses a safety pin to turn the fabric strap, and the other a thread, but in my case, i used elastic since i didn’t have strong thread.
You will need:
- Safety pin
- Strong thread (i didn’t have , so i used elastic)
- Sewing machine/hand needle and thread
Below is a fast forward version on how to do it.
- First,take your fabric and cut out a fabric piece, like I’ve shown above. I cut two because i used two methods, but feel free to use whichever you like.
- Stitch the strap as you normally would, and then remove the excess fabric.
- Take your safety pin, and pin on one separate side of the strap. Close it and then enter it into the tunnel.
- Push the pin in, and then pull the fabric. Do this until the fabric strap is turned. That’s all there is to it, really.
- If you’d much prefer using a thread, or in my case elastic, take the fabric piece before stitching into a strap.
- The thread should be longer than the fabric strap. Place the thread in the middle of the fabric piece, and then join it to the strap only at one side, with a few stitches.
- Now join the fabric sides to make a strap carefully, while you avoid to stitch the thread any further.
- Cut out the excess fabric, and then start pulling the thread out, while pulling the fabric out.
- Your now done. I hope i explained it well, but if not, i really think the video tutorial is much easier to understand.